Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Beachcombing Magazine Review



I thought I would share with you my thoughts on my newest magazine subscription.

I haven't subscribed to magazines for many years as, well, the internet came along, and it had an abundant array of stuff to read, and it was 'free'.
However, as some of you know, I decided to join the Bead Society of Palm Beach (which I am loving - another post :) and all of the lovely ladies there told me that I just haven't LIVED until I subscribed to Bead and Button. Which I did. In fact, I enjoy getting that magazine so much that I also got a subscription to 'Antique Bottle & Glass Collector' magazine - mainly to try and help identify seaglass shards that I find. So when I got a notification about Beachcombing Magazine, I immediately subscribed.

Well, to tell you I love it would be an understatement! It was a little on the pricey side for me at almost $40 for an annual subscription, however after receiving the magazine, I now think they have under-priced themselves! The magazine is easily twice the size of a standard magazine and it is just beautifully put together. The professionally photographed images are big and bright and the articles were intriguing.

One of the things I loved about this inaugural issue was the introduction of the contributors along with how to reach them on social media. I followed a few of them and to my surprise, some followed back and some I conversed with, such as Jason Sandy, who is an American 'Mudlarker' in London. Don't know what a 'Mudlarker' is? I didn't either! But I found out that they are very similar to Seaglassers, as they search through mud at low tide along rivers for artifacts. His article in the magazine was aptly named, 'Pirates Of The River Thames'. He can be found on Instagram @jasonmudlark . 


Another great article was 'The Collector Interview' with Leilani Yee. Her GORGEOUS collections of shells and seaglass from her home state of Hawaii were just breathtaking!



The featured item in this issue was Yellow Seaglass. Yellow is one of the rarest colors of seaglass that can be found, maybe 1 in every 6000 pieces found! The article had wonderful full color photos and great facts on its make and origin.

Really I could go on and on about this magazine and would highly recommend you getting this for yourself or perhaps someone you know that is a Beachcomber?
You can subscribe here: Beachcoming Magazine.


Be sure to come check out some Handmade Seaglass Jewelry at Handmade Jewelry Haven!

I love to read comments so please, leave one here! To have your comment published, please leave your name so we know where to find you and read and comment on your blog too!

Jewel Blog Sig photo Jewel Sig_zpsoi88flxw.png

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. You definitely got a great value for your buck. :-) I think it's fun when I find a magazine that I want to read cover to cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. It has been awhile since I have gotten this enthused about a magazine!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      - Lisa

      Delete
  2. visit > #jmbelog - https://belogsjm.blogspot.com/2019/01/january-16-2019.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty sea glass.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/01/what-flirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen yellow sea glass before! So pretty! Have a great week! http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's impressive that anyone anywhere buys magazine and I think that's sad. Good for you and nice close up pics. Love the yellow stone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a few years since I subscribed to a magazine but I love printed books and mags. This latest one you described sounds delightful but it's a little too pricey for me. Wish you lived next door so I could borrow them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things sure change since internet. Someone the other day blog about newspaper and I don't even recall when I even looked at newspaper.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful piece of seaglass! Magazines used to be an expensive habit of mine and I kept many of them, especially the travel ones. Now, I mostly read articles online. Still get the paper delivered everyday, though Thanks for coming by The Doglady's Den. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only read magazines when I have to wait somewhere. The seaglass looks real beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the review really helpful and I love these seaglass articles they are so interesting and help me learn more about my favorite jewlery peices from you etsy site

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the review really helpful and I love these seaglass articles they are so interesting and help me learn more about my favorite jewlery peices from you etsy site

    ReplyDelete